Friday, March 18, 2011

Me and Guy

On a very busy day last fall I was attempting to zone-out while at the same time feeling productive.  So, I was perusing Twitter.  I am not much of a joiner so it might seem uncharacteristic that I would have stopped on one of Guy Kawasaki's tweets which informed that he was writing a book about "enchantment". He was asking for any stories of enchantment that might have propelled an idea or business.
Even though I was crazy-busy.  Even though I was exhausted.  Even though...  I immediately began typing my story.  I hit send.  
I told a story I have been wanting to tell for a long time.  It is a story of  a turning point in my career and in the success of a company.   By putting it in his book Guy explains that my story is about "likability". 

 My story is a perfect example of enchantment at work.

Enchantment, as Guy so deftly explains is the magic in your career or business.  It can be there at the crossroads of passion and opportunity IF you can recognize it.  It can be a gift or it can be a plan.  Guy wants to show you how to capture it and employ its simplicity for your success.

I follow Guy's tweets for the same reason so many others do.  He is smart, excited, connected and dedicated to helping others find a way through the maze of noise to the good stuff.
A storytelling master, Enchantment is the good stuff.  I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to cut through the noise of how to do " it".  How to build a business, shine in that sales pitch, deliver that news, take an action in order to succeed.  Understand enchantment.  Simply, it will help you succeed.  

So as you read my story included within the pages of Enchantment you will see, as I did that that my meeting with Howard Stern at a very  critical time in the business building of E! Entertainment Television, was an excellent example of enchantment.  

I wish I knew the mechanics of it back then so that I could capture the magic that happened that day.  
Now I know.  Thanks, Guy.

Read the book.  I loved it.

No comments: