Friday, December 18, 2009

December 18, 2009 High School and College

I spent a day at the new independent high school in my town. I wanted to see how they were dealing with digital media and was lucky enough to have some of the founders of the school invite me in.
It was extremely impressive. I sat in on a digital photography class and an acting class (having asked to stay take a peek at some arts/media classes). The teaching was so solid and challenging. I am beginning to feel that the HS level has some more freedom to be creative in these media studies areas, somehow.
I am going to visit some other high schools. I am a big fan of the art school or lab approach to new media and I am seeing it happening at this age group. Interesting.

Then a quick trip to NY where I unearthed an uncompleted masters degree at The New School. I walked away from a degree years ago because my job at HBO began to require ongoing travel. Curious, I called on it a month or so ago. They have been very kind and helpful and it seems I can pick it up again and finish ONLINE! How progressive.
I am excited to take the classes as I get to see how a good online program is taught. Fabulous!
fs

No comments: