Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Hello! UCLA Students

I've just been asked to speak on a panel with Ron Ploof, who is a wonderful communicator and friend. We share a passion for audience building and as you might imagine, buddies that share that interest are not too easy to find. Ron comes to his interest in a very different way than I developed mine. I hope to share my path with you as you are on your way into the working world. I am sure Ron will give you some great insights, as well. One thing is certain...Ron and I won't bore you with the same stories. Ron's background runs along the lines of engineering which is kind of funny when you think about it. I found him through his podcast in which he is a storyteller. My daughter Hannah loved it so I followed Ron on Twitter. My path took me the television writer/producer route... a pretty far cry from anything technical. So there it is... the background story to my panel appearance. I'm really looking forward to talking to you there. One more thing. Anything I refer to on the panel that requires a follow up, such as a video that I mention or an article I recommend, I'll post it here after the panel. So come back for more. fs

No comments: