Thursday, June 3, 2010

It's the audience, Stupid!

As a television and digital content executive I always look at media from a single angle. Audience.

Whenever anyone pitches me a show or concept; when I see a promo or a tease for a new series; when a new app is marketed to me I can't help asking the same question. Who is the audience for this?

And so, it has come to pass that when asked to consider teaching a class to share my experience in traditional and new media it comes to this... How to Build and Manage an Audience. I will begin teaching it to film and television students but will seek to branch out with seminars to target everyone. From executives to business owners, if you have a piece of content or a new product you are best able to manage social media if you first consider your audience (or customers). Then and only then you can best choose the tools (Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Linkedin, etc...) for the job.

I'll be writing more about the class when it begins to be marketed by the school. So, standby for that news!

And, Oh! I have a new website. Look for the link on the right!

Until then follow me on Twitter for updates!

fs

No comments: